Friday, August 9, 2024

Forgot We Had This Blog

From Pastor Greg Chandler: Now that I’m retired and have a little more time for details, I thought I’d revive some posts to our church blog. The last post was January 27, 2018, so I’ve let this slip for a long time. Of course, very few accessed it over the years and I posted very few times. So which came first: no views or no posts? I suppose the answer would be yes. Regardless of results it’s another avenue of information out there from me and the church that may have a view and a read. I also have more things that might be worth reviewing than the Sunday morning lessons I teach at the church.

I have worked for most of my time as the pastor of the Freedom Baptist Church. I retired from one job in 2010 and from my last job with El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s office in June of this year. I will be turning 69 this month, so my feeling was it was time. A lot of people ask “what are you going to do now that you’re retired?” I don’t have a detailed answer for that question as I plan on doing what I’ve always done for the church except I’ll do some more and I won’t have the 8-5 time constraint. I hope to do things like revive this blog, make some videos for the church with Bible teaching and discussion of issues relevant to the church, and do some more music.

I will be singing at the One Voice Mission Word and Worship Conference August 21-23 here in Colorado Springs, at Envoy Church, 2025 N Murray. You can check out onevoicemission.org for more information. It will be a time to hear some truly excellent worship music and teaching and all are invited.

Remember, it wouldn’t kill you to come to church, would it? We have some pretty good music, thought-provoking teaching and discussion, and best of all, no snakes. We’re not the worst church you’ll ever attend.

 Greg

No comments: