Monday, May 21, 2007

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - May 20, 2007

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH
May 20, 2007

Prayers and Praises for 2007
Be in prayer for: our missionaries, Marshall Craig, Larry Morgan, and Ed Potter; our church for this year; Mike Rogers, medical (non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma); Dan Campeau, surgery on hold for now; Carol’s neighbor Eleanor, family; the passing of Beth Griffith’s dad; Beth’s aunt Diane, hospitalized; Stephanie Heald’s swim coach, hospitalization; Carolyn’s aunt, illness; Ruth’s Aunt Laverne, recovery; Lynn, upcoming dental surgery and car problems; Jackie’s daughter Elaine, health; Leon and Martha traveling and Leon’s brother in law Dave, health; Lisa Heald, upcoming surgery; Bertha, continued recuperation; Nate, friend of Matt’s, job; Joy, traveling and medical treatment; Darrel and Carolyn, traveling; Dennis, Christie’s husband, job; Lynn, dental treatment

The Sarah Corner – “And Sarah laughed”

Joe's wife likes to sing so she decided to join the church choir. From time to time she would practice while she was in the kitchen preparing dinner. Whenever she would start in on a song, Joe would head outside to the porch. His wife, with hurt feelings, said, "What's the matter, Joe? Don't you like my singing?" Joe replied, "Honey, I love your singing, but I just want to make sure the neighbors know I'm not beating you."

Two men were fishing on a lake, feeling guilty that it was a Sunday morning and they were not attending church, and the fish were not biting. The first guy eventually says: "I should have stayed home and gone to church." To which the other angler replied: "I couldn't have gone to church, anyhow. My wife is sick in bed."

Today’s Sunday School Lesson
The Life of David: I Chronicles 29 - The End
The next Sunday School Series will be on The Life of Elisha

Today’s Sermon
The God of Truth: I John 4:1-6
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

WORSHIP SERVICE

Blessed Be the Name p. 103

Scripture Reading:
Psalm 86:9, 11-12
All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee, O Lord; and shall glorify Thy name. Teach me Thy way, O LORD; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify Thy name forevermore.

His Name Is Wonderful p. 101

Something About That Name p. 102

O How I Love Jesus p. 529

Offering & Message: Link to Sermon

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path-And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

No comments: