Sunday, September 23, 2007

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - September 23, 2007

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH
September 23, 2007
Today’s Sunday School Lesson
New Testament Postcards: Philemon 21-25, Paul’s Confidence in Philemon - With full confidence in your obedience I write this to you, knowing that you will do even more than what I ask.
Today’s Sermon
I Corinthians 6:12-20, What’s A Body to Do? - For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
As believers in Christ and with the indwelling Holy Spirit, we are joined to the Lord in one spirit, therefore we cannot join our bodies to another unless it is sanctioned by God, and that is only in the marriage relationship.
The Sarah Corner – “And Sarah laughed”
Country Tunes: My wife and I were browsing in a crafts store when I noticed a display of country-style musical instruments. After looking over the flutes, dulcimers and recorders, I picked up a shiny, one-stringed instrument I took to be a mouth harp. I put it to my lips and, much to the amusement of other shoppers, twanged a few notes on it. After watching from a distance, my wife came up and whispered in my ear, "I hate to tell you this, honey, but you're trying to play a cheese slicer."
Prayers and Praises for 2007
Be in prayer for: our missionaries, Marshall Craig, Larry Morgan, and Ed Potter; our church for this year; Mike Rogers, medical (non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma); Dan Campeau, surgery on hold for now; Ruth’s Aunt Laverne, recovery; Jackie’s daughter Elaine, health;; Bertha, continued recuperation; Nate, friend of Matt’s, job; Dennis, Christie’s husband, job; Michael, praise for improvement; Rocky, medical; Owen Frisby, medical; Howard and Jo Alley, recent death of a friend; Lisa’s daughter in law Amy, recuperation; Terry Tucker, medical; Eleanor, Campeau’s neighbor; a friend of Dennis and Kathi; friends of Stephanie Heald, auto accident; Christie, car trouble; Friend of Lynn, auto fatality; Joy Sunderland, continuing medical treatment; Greg and Ruth’s friends in Dallas, the Woolard’s, Ben stroke;; Darrel’s mom; surgery and relocation; Praise for friend of Maria’s, resolution; Carolyn Griffith, unspoken; Johnnie’s sister in AL and for published photos; Lynn for Dennis, job; praise for car fixed; friend of Lynn’s
WORSHIP SERVICE
I Sing the Mighty Power p. 59
Scripture Reading
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, saith the Lord, which was, and is, and which is to come, the Almighty. And they sing the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are Thy ways. Revelation 1:8; 15:3
Praise to the Lord the Almighty p. 8
Come Thou Almighty King p. 267
Blessed Be the Lord God Almighty (see bulletin)
Offering/Offertory
Message (link to sermon)
"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

No comments: