Sunday, January 11, 2009

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - January 11, 2009

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - January 11, 2009
Church Items
  1. We received a nice thank you card from Owen Frisby’s family. It is on the back table.
  2. The new sign-up sheet for this year’s church cleaning is on the refrigerator.
  3. We completed the year only $1100.00 short. This is far better than last year. Our lease payment increase for the year is $70/month.
  4. Jennifer and the kids made it back to Alaska safely last Wednesday. The weather in the northwest has been very bad recently, so we thank the Lord for traveling grace.
  5. We will continue to send items to Vicki in Iraq as you bring them in. I know she would appreciate them and will share them with her fellow-soldiers.
Prayer Requests for 2009
  • Family of friend of Joy, passing of friend
  • Daughter in law of Joy, Shawna, chemo
  • Ed Griffith, job and diabetes treatment
  • Vicki, Iraq
  • Mike Rogers, return of lymphoma, chemo
  • Johnie Jackson, recuperation
  • Beth Griffith’s aunt, health
  • Carolyn, unspoken
  • Carol and family, passing of uncle
Today’s Sunday School Lesson
The Book of Revelation: Chapter 15
The stage is now set for the final 7 judgments. John sees 7 angels coming from the heavenly temple. The martyrs that are in heaven stand on a sea of glass that is also on fire. The sea of glass is symbolic of God's glory; they are a reflection of His glory, and the fire represents His judgment. Since they were judged by man and martyred, they preside over this judgment.
They sing the song of Moses (represents the Jewish believers) and the song of the Lamb (the rest).
The 7 angels come forth in clean shining linen, representing the holiness of God. One of the four beasts around the throne of God hand the 7 bowls to the angels, bowls full of the wrath of God.

The Truth Shall Set You Free

Today’s Sermon
Moses – Man of Freedom
Darkness Before Dawn – Freedom’s Labor Pains
The promise to Abraham would be fulfilled in Moses: “Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years. But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve; and afterward they will come out with many possessions.” God would provide an “exodus” through a man named Moses. Through Moses the chosen people of God and all mankind would be saved.

TODAY’S WORSHIP
The Lord’s Our Rock, in Him we Hide

A Shelter in the Time of Storm p. 353

Scripture Reading
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock. Psalm 62:6-7; 27:5

Rock of Ages, Cleft for me, Let my hide myself in Thee p. 204

A Wonderful Savior is Jesus My Lord, He Hideth My Soul p. 496

My Hope is Built on Nothing Less, The Solid Rock p. 404

Offering and Offertory

Message (link to sermon)

All other ground is shifting sand

No comments: