Saturday, November 3, 2012

Voting Time and Daylight Savings Ends

I worked for the county doing the early voting at Chapel Hills mall for 2 weeks. We helped over 2000 people on Friday alone so it was very, very busy. Don’t forget Election Day is Tuesday if you haven’t already voted as it seemed most of the county had where I was.
I saw some old friends during the early voting: Jim and Carol Thomas and David and Marti Walker came through. I also saw Terry and Doris’ son Mike and their grandson during the early voting. One of my co-workers asked me if I knew everyone in the county, so many came through that I have known through the years. I don’t but there were times when it seemed like every other person was an old acquaintance.
I made new friends during the time I worked; they were all good people that worked really hard to make sure people got to vote.
Tomorrow marks the end of Daylight Saving time so we get that extra hour of sleep for tomorrow; it gets dark earlier but I’m glad for the sleep as I’m sure you are, also.
Lisa will be gone so our worship will be karaoke as I like to say; you will still enjoy Lisa’s playing on the discs so come on out for tomorrow morning!
We finished up our study on “Dueling Denominations” last Sunday morning for Sunday School. We’ll return to the book of Acts chapter 16 tomorrow.
May the Lord bless ya’ll real good!

No comments: