Monday, March 5, 2007

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - March 4, 2007

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH
March 4, 2007

Prayers and Praises for 2007

Be in prayer for: our missionaries, Marshall Craig, Larry Morgan, and Ed Potter; our church for this year; Joy, medical; Praise for Lisa’s new grandson, Ethan Leon, born 1-27; Mike Rogers, medical (non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma); Ben Campeau, recovery; Dan Campeau, surgery; Martha, ill; Lisa, illness; Ron, traveling for work

Next Sunday begins Daylight Savings: spring forward early this year. Easter is April 8th.
I will be getting a letter out to you soon to keep up to date on our goals this year. I would like to email as many as I can. Let me know your email address if I don’t already have it.

Don’t forget about our blog: fbccos.blogspot.com. Ron and the kids have been doing a great job with the recordings and the blog this year.

The Sarah Corner – “And Sarah laughed”

A priest, a rabbi and a minister go into a bar. The bartender says, “What is this, a joke?”
A priest, a rabbi and a minister are in a boat out in the middle of a lake. The priest says, “I’m thirsty. I’m going to get something to drink.” So he steps out of the boat, walks across the water to shore, gets a soda, walks back across the water and gets back in the boat. The minister says, “I’m thirsty too.” So he walks across the water to shore, gets a soda and walks back to the boat. The rabbi says, “My turn.” He gets out of the boat and immediately sinks. The priest turns to the minister. “Think we should’ve told him where the rocks were?”

Today’s Sunday School Lesson

The Life of David
David’s Final Days as King: II Samuel 23-24

Today’s Sermon

Philippians 3:7-11
The True Passion of our Lives
“Paul sought to have the same power, resurrection and knowledge of Christ, that he would be brought to the place of becoming, both in his intrinsic nature and also the outward expression of the same, like Christ with respect to His death, not merely His physical death for others, but His death to self, as illustrated in Philippians 2:7, a denying of self for the blessing of others. It was not only the undergoing of a physical death like Christ, but a conformity to the spirit and temper of His life, the meekness, humility and submission to Christ” Kenneth Wuest

WORSHIP SERVICE

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms p. 354

Brethren We Have Met to Worship p. 585

Scripture Reading

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Fill My Cup Lord p. 398

Victory In Jesus p. 473

Offering and Message: Link to Sermon

I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness

No comments: