Sunday, April 6, 2008

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - Easter Sunday Worship - March 23, 2008

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH
Easter Sunday Worship
March 23, 2008
Church Items
We appreciate Joy getting the fire extinguishers charged and up to date.
Greg and Ruth will be gone Sunday April 13th for a trip to Alaska to see Tate for the first time
March Birthdays and Anniversaries: Lisa Heald, 10th; Esther Hargrove, 12th; Meghan Griffith, 15th; Hubert and Esther Hargrove, 14th; Danny Griffith, 19th; Lynn Eells, 22nd
Prayer Requests:
  • Ben Woolard and Woolard family, illness
  • Dan Campeau, health
  • Joy, health and recuperation
  • Bertha, health
  • Bertie, unspoken
  • Martha’s friend Ann Dickey, daughters, surgery and car accident, Ann’s husband illness
  • Mitchell, health
  • Carolyn, friends
  • Lynn, unspoken
  • Ben Campeau, broken foot
The Sarah Corner – “And Sarah laughed”
How to Train a Cat: Our young daughter had adopted a stray cat. To my distress, he began to use the back of our new sofa as a scratching post. "Don't worry," my husband reassured me. "I'll have him trained in no time." I watched for several days as my husband patiently "trained" our new pet. Whenever the cat scratched, my husband deposited him outdoors to teach him a lesson. The cat learned quickly. For the next 16 years, whenever he wanted to go outside, he scratched the back of the sofa.
Today’s Sunday School Lesson
New Testament Postcards - I John 5:13-17, Faith resulting in love
Today’s Sermon
Rejoicing in His Sacrifice of Grace: Easter as the Fulfillment of Prophecy
Easter Sunday Worship Service
Christ Arose p. 216
Christ the Lord is Risen Today p. 217
Scripture Reading
Reading #214: He is Risen! Alleluia!
I Stand in Awe (see bulletin)
Easter Song p. 222
Amazing Love (see bulletin)
Because He Lives p. 213
Offering and Offertory
Message (link to sermon)

I Exalt Thee (see bulletin)
The Truth Shall Set You Free

No comments: