Sunday, June 1, 2008

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH - May 25, 2008

FREEDOM BAPTIST CHURCH
May 25, 2008
Church Items
We sent cards to Owen this week to encourage him in his recovery from surgery. Continue in prayer for him.
Rocky is meeting with his WWII B-29 bomber squadron this weekend here in town at the Crowne Plaza.
We congratulate Maria Campeau and Travis Heald on their graduation.
Greg, Ruth and the Campeau kids saw the movie “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed” recently. We recommend that anyone interested in the debate of Darwinism vs. Intelligent Design go see it.
Prayer Requests for 2008
  • Joy, health and recuperation
  • Bertha, recovery
  • Bertie, unspoken
  • Leon, illness
  • Lynn, grandson
  • Owen, recovery from surgery
  • Mike and Debbie Rogers, job and health
  • Missionary Larry & Linda Morgan
  • Esther and Hubert, loss of son
  • Lisa, upcoming surgery
  • Johnie and Jackie, traveling west coast and AK
  • Joy grandson illness, 7 yrs old
  • Graduates Maria and Travis
  • Terry and Doris to Oklahoma
The Sarah Corner – “And Sarah laughed
Children’s letters to God – Dear God:
  1. In Bible times did they really talk that fancy?
  2. I bet it is very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it.
  3. I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that OK?
  4. I think the stapler is one of your greatest inventions.
  5. Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy.
  6. Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now.
  7. If you watch in church on Sunday I will show you my new shoes.
  8. I would like to live 900 years like the guy in the Bible.
  9. If you had not let the dinosaurs go extinct we would not have a country. You did the right thing.
  10. Please send Billy Clark to a different camp this year.
  11. Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother.
Today’s Sunday School Lesson
The Book of Jude: Contending Earnestly
Today’s Sermon
Memorial Day Thoughts: the “Just War” viewpoint, Isaiah 2:4

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"
WORSHIP SERVICE
He’s Everything to Me p. 516
Scripture Reading
It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. Lamentations 3:22-24
Great Is Thy Faithfulness p. 43
The Solid Rock p. 404
Offering and Offertory
Message (link to sermon)
A child’s prayer for a deployed father:
I pray my Daddy
Will be strong;
That time away
Will not be long.
I pray, dear Lord,
Be close to him.
On every mission,
Go with him.
While we at home
Stay strong and true;
Help us to love
And trust In You.
Amen.
From “We Serve Too: A Child’s Deployment Book” by Edick and Johnson

No comments: